Accuquilt Studio 2 Fabric Cutter
ACCUQUILT Studio 2 Fabric Cutter
The ACCUQUILT Studio 2 Fabric Cutter is the best fabric cutter for both commercial use and high-volume quilters. It can cut ten layers of fabric at the same time and works 90 percent faster than any rotary cutters or scissors. It was designed with safety, efficiency and simplicity in mind. And all it takes is three basic steps: I. Lay the die, fabric and cutting plastic on the board. II. Push the tray, die, fabric and plastic against the roller and turn the handle to in the direction you want the die to go through the cutter in. III. Remove the cutting plastic and the newly cut fabric shapes, and that's all! You're ready to repeat the process from the opposite direction.
The ACCUQUILT Studio 2 Fabric Cutter is fitted with a steel roller that can withstand years of use and never needs replacing. You can fold the fabric cutter for easier storage and use ACCUQUILT die storage cases or storage racks to organize Studio 2 dies. The Studio 2 Fabric Cutter can cut through virtually all types of fabric, including cotton, batiks, flannel, fleece, wool, denim and leather. Studio 2 dies never need sharpening and are lined with steel to cut shapes for quilting and fabric crafts quickly and with completely accuracy. For proper maintenance, use a dry cloth to clean the fabric cutter and clear off any lint. Avoid harsh cleaners and instead, if such cleaning is required, dampen cloth with a little water to wipe down then polish off with a dry cloth. For proper die maintenance, use an adhesive roller to clean off lint and threads. Remove any threads that gather between the blades and the foam after each use and use tweezers or a die pick (55105) to remove threads that get caught inside the die where the blades meet.
The ACCUQUILT Studio 2 Fabric Cutter comes with a Studio Die Tray measuring 15 1/4" x 19 5/8" (406900), one Giant Cutting Plastic measuring 14 1/2" x 18" (60005) and an instruction manual. There are hundreds of quilting shapes to choose from, such as circles, hexagons, flowers, rag quilt shapes, quilt block sets and many more for limitless design options. The Studio 2 Fabric Cutter is ideal for large-scale manufacturing use, whether it be commercial or personal!
Fabric Cutter Includes:
- Dimensions: With Sides Down: 30 1/4"W x 24 3/4"L x 8 3/4"H (76.8 cm x 28 cm x 22.2 cm) (including handle), 30 1/4"W x 21"L x 8 3/4"H (not including handle)
- Dimensions: With Sides Up:: 24 3/4"W x 11"L x 14 3/4"H (62.9 cm x 28 cm x 37.5 cm) (including handle), 21"W x 11"L x 14 3/4"H (not including handle)
- Machine weight: 32 lbs (14.5 kg)
- Boxed weight: 42 lbs (19.1 kg)
- Accomodates AccuQuilt giant and super giant dies
Features and Benefits:
- Foldable for easier storage
- Up to 90% faster than rotary fabric cutters or scissors.
- The steel roller never needs replacing and withstands years of die cutting use.
- Dies cut into reuseable sheets of cutting plastic that provide hundreds of uses.
- Hand-operated fabric die cutting system
- Steel-rule dies to quickly and accurately cut shapes for quilting and fabric crafts
- Hundreds of shapes to choose from: classic designs, circles, hexagons, flowers, strips, rag quilt shapes, quilt block sets and many more
- Cut all types of fabrics: cotton, batiks, flannel, fleece, wool, denim and even leather
- Dies never need sharpening
- NOTE: No lubrication is necessary; all bearings are sealed.
Lay die flat inside tray with FOAM SIDE UP. Layer die, fabric and cutting plastic. For most accurate cuts, place
fabric on the lengthwise grain.
To conserve fabric, cover only shape to be cut, not entire die board.
in direction you want die to
go. Roll through cutter.
perfectly cut shapes. Occasionally,
threads may need to be snipped
where cutting blades meet
on the die. Repeat process
from opposite direction.
Storage: Store Studio dies in AccuQuilt die storage cases or storage racks.
Studio Fabric Chart: Chart below is the recommend number of fabric layers; actual number of fabric layers will vary depending on fabric type and thickness.
|Cotton with Fusible Web||4-6|
Care & Maintenance: Cutter For best results, always keep your Studio 2 fabric cutter clean and lint free. To clean the fabric cutter inside and out, use a soft dry cloth. Avoid abrasives, solvents and spray cleaners. If necessary, wipe with a damp cloth, then polish with a dry cloth. Use canned air to clear lint from roller area. The steel roller never needs replacing and withstands years of die cutting use. Please note: Some assembly is required when first setting up your Studio 2 Fabric Cutter.
Care & Maintenance: Dies Use adhesive roller to clean lint and thread from dies. After each use, remove any threads imbedded between blades and foam. It's normal for threads to get caught where blades meet in a die. Remove with tweezers or die pick (55105). Die blades never need to be sharpened.
Warranty: AccuQuilt Studio 2 Fabric Cutters have a three (3) year guarantee. If you experience any defects in material or workmanship, simply notify AccuQuilt and we will repair or replace the fabric cutter at no charge. All fabric cutter die trays and cutting plastic are consumable parts and are not covered by the warranty. Replace trays annually depending on use. All Studio dies are guaranteed for one year.